Saturday, November 1, 2008

Inspiration from the strangest things.....Snowden or Snowden??


Inspiration for making my bears seems to come from a variety of senses ..sight, feeling....even smell can inspire a color scheme for a new critter! My favorite bears (and the quickest to be finished) are usually inspired by someone's child, especially around Christmas time.
Last week I read the tiny writing on my favorite surgeons gold handled forcep. (I work in the operating room) This forcep is used to "sew" tiny vein grafts onto the heart. "Snowden" was one of the words. I really like it as a teddy bear name! Too cute!
I went home that night and with "Snowden" in mind, drew a new bear pattern and a mouse pattern. This is my first mouse.
Of course, white would be the color. I chose Lapin(recycled rabbit fur) for the mouse and an expensive woven backed synthetic for the bear.
Usually I make myself work on one project at a time. So there are no UFO's (unfinished objects) hanging around. But, I just couldn't help myself and cut out both of them at the same time!
The race is on! Who ever is finished first will be "Snowden" and the runner up...well, haven't thought that far ahead. Any name suggestions for the second place finisher will be taken into consideration!
Look for Snowden and "his friend" in the weeks to come...

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Welcome to the world of blogging Jeannie ! I like the colors you used. I enjoyed learning about the inspiration for your bear. He is gorgeous by the way as are all your bears. I now they come straight from your heart ♥

Bear Hugs, Tammy